A web app that helps personal trainers get paid for sports nutrition supplement recommendations they make to their clients. Carving a new brand into an untapped sector, working remotely with a time-poor team - the app is a succession of fast product iterations and pivots. Constantly learning more about the user base, enhancing the app (and marketing platforms) and mining the sectors commercial opportunities for new developments.
- Trainers should earn money for the recommendations they make
- Trainer clients need an easier way to receive recommendations
- Define the market and their motivations, build a journey to help them
- iterate on experience as new data fills in the gaps
- remote, time-poor team
- Establish values, mission and goals of company and team
- User research workshop: Identification and segmentation, value and size of groups, demographics and environment of types, responsibilities, needs and wants, pain points, behaviour and attitude
- Define personas > define user stories > define user journeys > prioritise groups based on value > wireframe > test on targeted trainers
- Define, design and prototype mvp for build
- Create encompassing brand based on user research and team motivations
- Constant iteration of user journey based on daily user testing and analysis of data
Formed as a small part-time remote team, the product idea had to be run through a complete persona profile workshop - streamlining the biggest opportunities and the quickest wins. Building a visual identity and tone of voice around these opportunities, sympathetic to the traditions (and failings) of the sector.
From here it's a constant process of team communication to establish priorities, wireframe - prototype - test - learn - design - build - test - learn… start again.